Parsley is a delicious herb that is bright, fragrant and mildly bitter. Parsley is a great addition to juices, pastas, soups, rice and potato dishes. Add a pop of color to your dish with a parsley garnish, add it to a homemade pesto or make your own salad dressing! Try out these two recipes and create your own, the possibilities are unlimited!
Butternut Squash SouP:
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Medium sized butternut squash, cut in half lengthwise
1/2 Onion, diced
2 Garlic cloves, minced
2 + cups of veggie broth depending on desired consistency
1 bunch parsley, for serving
Parmesan cheese, for serving
Salt to taste
Cooking Instructions –
1. Preheat to 400ºF
2. Carefully cut butternut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds with a spoon, and lightly coat with olive oil.
3. Line a baking sheet with foil and place butternut squash cut side down.
4. Cook for 30 – 45 minutes until tender.
5. Once the squash is done cooking pull out of the oven and let cool
6. Prepare 1 cup quinoa according to package instructions.
7. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a pan, once heated add onion (cook for about 5-7 minutes) and then add garlic (cook for 1 minute).
8. Use a spoon to scoop out the butternut squash. Add cooked squash, onion, garlic and about 2 cups of veggie broth to a blender or food processor. This may need to be done in multiple batches.
9. Once processed add to a soup pot and heat on med/low heat. Add salt to taste.
10. For serving, spoon quinoa and butternut squash soup to a bowl. Garnish with parsley and parmesan and enjoy!
(Option to make it spiced – add a little cinnamon, allspice and maple syrup!)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 yellow onion
2-inch knob of ginger
6 cloves of sliced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp garam masala
1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
14oz can of crushed tomatoes
2/3 cup chicken broth
1 can of coconut milk
2 tbsp unsalted butter
Cooking Instructions –
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken with the onion, scallion, garlic, ginger, parsley and spices.
2. Mix and let marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
3. Heat the oil over medium heat then add the onion and garlic.
4. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
5. Add the marinated chicken, browning all sides.
6. Add the can of tomatoes and chicken broth. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook until it is boiling.
7. Add the coconut milk, turn down the heat and reduce until it thickens to desired consistency.
8. Garnish with Parsley. Enjoy!
Alyssa harvesting bundles of fresh parsley!